British Airways has signed a codeshare agreement with leading Indian carrier Indigo.
The pair will look to boost connections between the UK and India and thus benefit travelling customers on services.
Eight destinations have been made available thanks to the codeshare partnership being signed. These are made possible when travelling from London Heathrow via New Delhi or Mumbai.
- London Heathrow to Amritsar via New Delhi
- London Heathrow to Kochi via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Ahmedabad via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Goa via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Thiruvananthapuram via Mumbai (NEW)
- London Heathrow to Kolkata via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Rajkot (Hirasar) via Mumbai (NEW)
- London Heathrow to Vadodara via Mumbai (NEW)
We are excited to announce our codeshare agreement with British Airways. This partnership expands the choices available to British Airways customers for journeys to/from London Heathrow, using IndiGo’s extensive network in India. This step to provide seamless connectivity will not only support trade and commerce between the two countries but also offer convenient travel options to students and tourists. With burgeoning demand for international travel, we will continue to enhance international connectivity and remain committed to our promise of providing on-time, affordable, courteous, and hassle-free travel experiences to our customers.Abhijit Dasgupta, Senior Vice President, Network Planning and Revenue Management at IndiGo
Codeshare partnerships are a fantastic way for companies to work together and expand their presence within countries without launching their own flights. It also benefits customers with more access to global destinations on a single ticket.