Thanks to a significant service enhancement, United can offer more flights than ever down South during the winter schedule.
More Flights To Mexico’s New Tulum Airport
United will add Houston, Chicago and Newark flights towards Tulum International Airport from March 31, 2024.
Meanwhile, on May 23, 2024, United will add a daily seasonal service from Los Angeles. This will result in up to five daily flights towards Tulum from United’s critical hubs.
United Airlines believes that Mexico remains a leading destination for leisure travel, and thanks to Tulum’s new airport, it represents fantastic access to the city of Cancun.
Thanks to service enhancement, United Airlines will be the largest airline between the U.S. and the Rivera Maya region.
Additionally, it’ll have its most significant schedule in company history to Cancun, with more than 200 weekly flights from eight cities in the United States.
Comments From Executives
Tulum is at the top of a lot of travel lists – great beaches and restaurants, and a region featuring a rich history and spectacular natural beauty. Our new direct flights help people get there faster than ever, giving them even more time to enjoy one of Mexico’s most unique destinations.Patrick Quayle, United’s senior vice president of Network Planning and Alliances.
Caribbean Route Enhancements
- New routes between Denver and San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Denver and Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Three daily flights between Newark/New York and Santiago, Dominican Republic and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Two daily flights between Newark/New York and Oranjestad, Aruba; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Nassau, Bahamas
- Two daily flights between Washington/Dulles and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Daily flights between Chicago/O’Hare and Nassau, Bahamas
- Daily flights between Newark/New York and Georgetown, Cayman Islands and Puerto Plato, Dominican Republic
- Three weekly flights between Newark/New York and Bonaire
Central America Schedule Adjustments
- Three daily flights between Houston and San Jose, Costa Rica and San Salvador, El Salvador
- Two daily flights between Houston and Belize City, Belize
- Daily flights between Denver and Liberia, Costa Rica
- Daily flights between Los Angeles and Guatemala City, Guatemala and San Salvador, El Salvador
- Daily flights between Newark/New York and Liberia, Costa Rica
Mexico Routes For Winter Schedule
- Four daily flights between Chicago and Cancun, Mexico
- Three daily flights between Houston and Leon/Guanajuato, Mexico
- Two daily flights between Denver and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Two daily flights between San Francisco and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Daily flights between Cleveland and Cancun, Mexico, for the peak Christmas and New Year holiday period; 6x weekly flights in March
United’s Commitment To South America
- Ten weekly flights between Houston and Buenos Aires, Argentina